Panasonic DVD/HDD Recorder, DMREH50 JPEG Problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by atticusfinch, Nov 4, 2005.

1. atticusfinch

atticusfinch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, I'm having trouble with my Panasonic DVD/HDD Recorder it's a DMREH50. The unit is greate xcept for when I want to view JPEG, I ahve the JPEGs on a CD which I burned myself. The problem is that it doesn't seem like the unit recognises all the photos, i.e. when you are on the navigation page there are spaces which are just left blank. On one CD the first few images are fine and then all the even numbers are blank, when you select to view these blank thumbnails - there's no effect.
    I'd be most grateful if someone could shed some light on this, thanks.

AF

2. RAB67

RAB67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    How big are they?

min size is 34 x 34
    max size is 6144 x 4096

and how many?

max 999 files

3. AVmaster

AVmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Also have they been altered on a PC either by editing or renaming as you can lose the EXIF data which is what makes them read by some AV devices.

4. atticusfinch

atticusfinch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, there are 39 image files, and the resolution are between 3072 x 2048 and 3189 x 2055 - all within the resolution perimetres.

As with regards to the EXIF data how would I know if the files still had this intact?

Kind Regards
    AF

5. AVmaster

AVmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Browse the files on the CD on your PC and view the properties of one of the picctes. Then select Summary & Advanced to see the EXIF data. If you can't see the details of the camera which took them then it's been wiped. Don't forget to note if the files have been resaved as there are different types of JPEG's which the recorder may also not support. Strictly speaking they have to conform to the DCF standards (design rule for camera file standards).

6. atticusfinch

atticusfinch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the EXIF files had been altered is there any way in which you can repare them so that you can watch the photos again on the dvd recorder? Also does that mean that the dvd-recorder will not play jpeg's downlaoded form the internet? - AF

7. AVmaster

AVmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've seen EXIF editing software on the net which may suggest that putting it back onto the JPEGs again is possible? Try a Google search for freeware that you can try. Most. Whether a web picture displays or not is usually down to how it was saved. For example I use Photoshop to create my web images by saving them in the Web JPEG format, this strips them of any unneccessary information so that they have smaller file sizes, making them ideal for uploading to the internet.