Panasonic DVD HD Recorder Dubbing Question

sdm197

Novice Member
Hi Everyone:hiya:

I have a Panasonic DMR E100 and at the weekend I recorded something onto DVD RAM on the "SP" setting, I now want to archive it onto DVD-R, What would be the best way (Quality wise) of doing it,

1/ Would it be to play it on my other Panny recorder and go through my AV amp and record it onto a DVD-R in SP or

2/ Dub from the RAM disc onto the Hard Disk drive at High speed, then dub back to DVD-R at high speed?

I think the second method may be better even if it does seem the long way round, any suggestions???

Cheers

sdm197

B

ben223

Agree with you. There'll be no loss in quality since there isn't any re-encoding involved.

Hal_loe

Novice Member
Yes (2) would mean no loss in quality providing you have [DVD-R Rec For High Speed Copy] swithed [ON] otherwise you won't be able to dub at high speed to the DVD-R disc.

There is a 3rd option if you have the right equipment, i'm guessing you don't. You could just convert the DVD-RAM recording to a DVD-R recording on your PC. Using TMPGEnc DVD Author, is one method. You do need a DVD-RAM compatible drive in your PC though.

Hope that helps.

sdm197

Novice Member
Hi:hiya:

Thanks for your replies guys, I think I will go the dub to HDD then dub to DVD-R route, as it takes the re-encoding and the AV amp out of the equation.

Thanks again, :smashin:

sdm197

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom