Panasonic DVD / HD recorder and lip-sync

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nickt, Jun 19, 2003.

1. nickt

nickt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody seen lip-sync problems using RGB pass-through with the Panasonic DVD recorders? I was told by someone in Sevenoaks that if the DVD recorder was switched on, it introduced a video-delay. They thought that this was due to video-processing to allow the pausing of live tv. If so, if I just use the internal tuner, does that suffer too?

Actually, if I feed my pace decoder into the RGB input, can I pause that too i.e. does the pause work on any source, or just the internal tuner?

--
    Nick

2. lumpsucker

lumpsucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hello Nick,

Yes I have the HS2 and it does cause lip sync . No problem when it is on standby and no problem on play back of recordings. In fact sometimes no lip sync at all. It seems to depend on the quality of the source program. I'm watching Murder in Mind on BBC1 digital through the HS2 now and virtually no lip sync problem. It does the same thing when using the HS2's own tuner so it's not an RGB thing. I have no idea what the cause is but it is obviously doing some kind of video processing.

Cheers

Simon

3. CH3

CH3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I noticed a lip sync problem. When watching Sky through AV2 and recording at the same time there was a problem. The playback of the recorded footage was fine though. Got onto Panasonic and it is a known problem. Fixed now. :)

4. nickt

nickt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was this a fix to your machine? Or the product? How did they fix it?

By the way, can you use the Panny to pause Sky?

5. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Of course it can pause sky, thats one of the main reason for having one, plus the ability to save 15 mins each hour by not having to sit through the ads. I always plan ahead now and record everything I want to watch from commercial channels and miss the ads. Unless there is a clash in scheduling

It takes some time to get used to the possibilities as for example you can watch a short program on bbc analoguesay, whilst recording from sattelite, then switch over 30 mins into 2 hours of recording, miss the ads and catch up by the time the programs end, effectively watching 2.5 hours of output in less than 2 hours.