Panasonic DVD A7 locked at R1

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by jacked, Jan 30, 2005.

1. jacked

jacked

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +418
    Hi everyone
    I have a multi-region Panasonic DVD A7 originally from Techtronics, my friends daughter was playing with the remote and now the player is locked at region 1.The player switched regions automatically before and so I never knew of any region menus.
    Does anyone know of a secret menu to alter it back to multi-region ?
    Please help !

2. Justin@UH

Justin@UH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    The older pannys once modded used the parental menu to change regions. If set to 9 thats auto region. As long as it isn`t a newer enterprise mod that tech fitted, this will work as they are the same instuctions as our old pana mods. Go into the parental menu and change it back to 9, or if you prefer set it for the region you need (i.e 1 for Region 1) and change it later. Once changed, you need to exit the menu and reset the machine.

Hope this helps...

3. malcolmf

malcolmf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Our Panasonic A7 (also bought from Techtronics) has worked beautifully for several years as an auto-switching multi-region player - but has suddenly decided that it's a region 2 only player after being unplugged for a couple of hours whilst we moved furniture about?! Cue frantic internet search for tips and advice. Unfortunately, we don't have a level 9 available on the Ratings menu (which I'm assuming is the parental menu). I don't suppose you've got any other suggestions Justin? Yours in desperation, Malcolm.