1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic drought

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by AQU4RIUS, Oct 19, 2005.

1. AQU4RIUS

AQU4RIUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    anyone know whats happening with the 37 & 42 pv500's as they seem to be sold out in most places.
    whens the next batch due??

2. blakez

blakez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, same problem here in the Netherlands. I ordered the 42inch PV500 three weeks ago and it will take probably much longer before I will get it. I´m thinking about canceling my order. More people with an outstanding order for one of these plasma´s?

3. acrmorris

acrmorris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 42pv500 took 10 weeks to arrive. Nearly cancelled, but held out and, as I've said elsewhere in this forum, I am well pleased that I gave it a chance. Couldn't be happier :smashin:

4. Tosty

Tosty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Walked into a local AV shop today (this isn't a joke!) and staring at me was a Panny 50PE30. Old model I'm told. Was watching the picture on it and a Panny rep wandered over and we got talking about plasmas, lcds, 1080 panels etc. I was telling him how I thought the low res panels did a pretty fine job, compared to the 42pv500 and he completely agreed. I'm looking at buying a 42pv500, or 42PHD8, or possibly a Pio 436. On his words I am now considering the low res versions of the Panny sets and saving myself a few hundred quid. He also voiced concerns about the quality of the forthcoming Sky HD service - again tempting me to go with a low res panel. Anyway to get this back on thread, I wandered around the corner to another AV shop to get a price on said low res panels and mentioned my conversation. Panny rep had been there previously and had advised them to try and push the low res models because they couldn't supply enough of the hi def ones. Makes me wonder if I should believe the rep or not now :confused:

So there we have it, almost from the horses mouth, pv500's etc are in short supply, but then you guys all knew that anyway!

5. rover2002

rover2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Quality>Quantity