PANASONIC DP-UB820EBK H ISSUES WITH BLU RAY PLAYBACK

heydon2022

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought a Panasonic DP-UB820EBk H 4K DVD player, worked fine with 4K Blu Rays, however when it came to playing Normal Blu rays , there was a distortion in sound every time the incidental music would play on a film, I swapped my HDMI cable, and still the same issue I have an LG 43UJ635V 4K Tv , I am told that there could be some compatibility issues between the Player and the tv, has anyone else come across this problem, Panasonic has been useless as to their customer service. have tried the same BLu rays on my Samsung Blu ray player and they have worked without fault , any insights into this would be a help thankyou

Welcome to the Forum.

Do you just have the connection direct to the TV or are you able to route it through an AV amp or soundbar. If you are playing direct to the TV then set the player to output PCM and see if this resolves the issue.

Welcome to the Forum.

Do you just have the connection direct to the TV or are you able to route it through an AV amp or soundbar. If you are playing direct to the TV then set the player to output PCM and see if this resolves the issue.
the player uses a direct link from the tv using a Belkin HDMI cable, no soundbar involved

HDMI cables can be fickle. May be worth trying a new one, won't be first one to have some oddities in use. Until the audio gets to the TV it's still a digital signal and there may just be the slightest problem even though you are getting the same audio from UHD discs.

The audio on blu ray is most likely than not exactly the same as the HD audio found on UHD discs so it is odd that you are having this trouble. As I said try PCM rather than bitstream as really with just the TV's own audio being used there would be no noticeable difference in quality. Also inform the discs to output LPCM stereo as I believe the TV is just stereo capable.

HDMI cables can be fickle. May be worth trying a new one, won't be first one to have some oddities in use. Until the audio gets to the TV it's still a digital signal and there may just be the slightest problem even though you are getting the same audio from UHD discs.

The audio on blu ray is most likely than not exactly the same as the HD audio found on UHD discs so it is odd that you are having this trouble. As I said try PCM rather than bitstream as really with just the TV's own audio being used there would be no noticeable difference in quality. Also inform the discs to output LPCM stereo as I believe the TV is just stereo capable.
Thank you so much turning the sound settings to PCM solved the problem!

Thankyou I turned the audio settings to PCM and now the Blu ray playback works no issues , thankyou so much for your assistance !!!

These settings are now set for DVD playback, though I will put them back when playing a 4k blu ray, as there are no issues with 4k, however,I would like to state for the record that Panasonic Customer service was no help whatsoever, it did feel like I didn't buy it from their own store so they weren't interested, even though I am technically a customer of theirs for just buying one of their products, even if it is by proxy . Some people would not know about this forum, and the issue is that for me it did not work with BLu rays fresh out of the box , so there is still an issue

Attachments

• 820 sound output settings .jpg
    820 sound output settings .jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 190
I bought a Panasonic DP-UB820EB today and had this exact problem when setting up. The photograph posted above helped me fix the problem within minutes of finding this thread. Thank you. Ian

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom