Panasonic DP-UB820EB, DP-UB420EB and DP-UB320EB Owners Thread

youngsyp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In anticipation of my UB820 arriving tomorrow, it was suggested that I create an owners thread. So here it is!

I'll post up a review and any comments I have as soon as I have the thing in my hands.

Paul

Nice one @youngsyp.

If it's analogue audio output stage works okay I might get one myself as a back-up disc spinner ;)

Just read that Doug although it's not iPad freindly!. I'm thinking this may not be as good as the ub9/700 build wise, I hope drive noise and or fan coming on is not an issue.
Weight wise it's the same as the UB700 so I'd expect similar build as that. 2.3kg for each vs the 2.4kg of the UB900. If it comes with the same fan setup as the 700 all should be well unless the new SOC runs a lot hotter than the previous one.

:clap:
This is about as far as the Sony X700 got before "going missing" so I hope this one fairs better.
upload_2018-5-17_18-18-51.png

Paul

Weight wise it's the same as the UB700 so I'd expect similar build as that. 2.3kg for each vs the 2.4kg of the UB900. If it comes with the same fan setup as the 700 all should be well unless the new SOC runs a lot hotter than the previous one.

That will do me, noise is one thing that's definately not an issue on my ub700, neither is the drawer that noisy.

In anticipation of my UB820 arriving tomorrow, it was suggested that I create an owners thread. So here it is!

I'll post up a review and any comments I have as soon as I have the thing in my hands.

Paul

Paul do you have a projector ?, if not you know you will have to buy one for a proper review don't you :D

Paul do you have a projector ?, if not you know you will have to buy one for a proper review don't you :D
I don't have a PJ I'm afraid, the current house isn't conducive to it!
I'll do my best to review it properly though, with my lowly OLED display with 3D LUT calibration... :D

Paul

I don't have a PJ I'm afraid, the current house isn't conducive to it!
I'll do my best to review it properly though, with my lowly OLED display with 3D LUT calibration... :D

Paul

Looking forward to your findings :thumbsup:

Looking forward to your review as I've got my eyes on this player.

Back in stock at John Lewis online (4 units)...

Back in stock at John Lewis online (4 units)...
And yet Panasonic Direct still don't have any in stock. :confused: They must not be as direct from Panasonic as their name suggests... :laugh:

It's worth pointing out that you get a 2 year warranty with it from JL too, of course. Something else you won't get from Panasonic.... direct!

Paul

I was hoping RS would stock these for the 5 yr warranty but I don't think it's going to happen.

3 units now...
I was up at 07:30 this morning it was showing 2 in stock then 1 and now showing out of stock, must have been popular.

Oh balls... add to basket... go to checkout... credit card details expired... go get wallet... come back... out of stock. Wanted to get this in time for the matrix!

www.followthatpage.com :smashin:

I'm sure they'll have more stock later to day, if yesterday was anything to go by.

Paul

Hopefully in time for next day delivery though ;-(

Bit weird they have so few in stock and no one else seems to have any, I'd have liked to just go and buy one in the store today (day off).

Bit weird they have so few in stock and no one else seems to have any, I'd have liked to just go and buy one in the store today (day off).
I just think their buyer has more clout than most of the other usual suspects.
Have you called your local store? They may well have some as I don't think what's available online is any indication what the stores have.

Paul

Just had confirmation my UB820 is ready to collect. :clap:
Shame I'm in London and it's in Northamptonshire! :(

Paul

I just think their buyer has more clout than most of the other usual suspects.
Have you called your local store? They may well have some as I don't think what's available online is any indication what the stores have.

Paul

Didn't even occur to me. My two nearest stores are an hour away... but I'll be near one Saturday anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom