Question Panasonic DP-UB159EB DRC

andrewtjb

Novice Member
Hi

I recently picked up the Panasonic UB159 Blu-ray player and I’m trying to get the audio to be more level. My setup is pretty basic I’ve just got it hooked up to my Samsung tv and just using the tv speakers.

I found the audio to be very quiet and hard to hear but then when there’s a sound effect or music it get really loud. I’ve found the setting called dynamic range compression and by default its turned off but has the options for automatic and on.

Does anyone know what the difference is between automatic and on?

I’ve tried looking in the manual but it doesn’t explain what these options actually do.

Thanks

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
DRC might be your friend. In effect, it alters the sound levels so that louder bits become quieter, and quieter bits are made louder. Could be what you need. Experiment with the settings using the same piece of material.

andrewtjb

Novice Member
Thanks.

I did play about with it a bit yesterday with a DVD and turning it on did seem to make a difference but both Automatic and On seemed to sound the same to me.

Cant find anything in the manual about what the difference is between the two options.

It was a bit difficult to test as I have to stop the DVD to change the option then sit through a bunch of copyright notices and menus before I can get back to the video.

My tv also has a auto volume option but I'm guessing I'd be better off using DRC.

The latest video from AVForums

Bowers PI7 wireless in-ear headphones review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom