Panasonic DP-UB 820 - TPS Multiregion - Problem with DVD 1080/50p

IlCorvo

Novice Member
I wish to buy the player mentioned above, mainly to the good reviews and the fact that it plays Dolby Vision. However, as I have several Region A titles and enjoy playing all movies worldwide, I wanted to buy the moded player from TPS.

Now I read that TPS is a reliable and reputable seller, I came across something interesting: somebody over at another forum mentioned that there are problems with the Pana 820 from TPS, as it plays PAL-DVDs at a rate of 60 Hz instead of the correct 50 Hz.

Another gentleman mentioned in a German board that the Pana 450 from TPS is showing the same issues. There are rumors that the DVDs are played this way due to the modification. If this is true, it would be a pity as there are movies in my collection that are not available on Blu-Ray but only as DVDs. Is there anybody having the Panasonic 820 from TPS and is experiencing the same issue with PAL-DVD?

Last edited:

Member 452016

I wish to buy the player mentioned above, mainly to the good reviews and the fact that it plays Dolby Vision. However, as I have several Region A titles and enjoy playing all movies worldwide, I wanted to buy the moded player from TPS.

Now I read that TPS is a reliable and reputable seller, I came across something interesting: somebody over at another forum mentioned that there are problems with the Pana 820 from TPS, as it plays PAL-DVDs at a rate of 60 Hz instead of the correct 50 Hz.

Another gentleman mentioned in a German board that the Pana 450 from TPS is showing the same issues. There are rumors that the DVDs are played this way due to the modification. If this is true, it would be a pity as there are movies in my collection that are not available on Blu-Ray but only as DVDs. Is there anybody having the Panasonic 820 from TPS and is experiencing the same issue with PAL-DVD?
Your inbox is full!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom