Panasonic dms 85

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by geoffh18, Jul 3, 2005.

1. geoffh18

geoffh18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To night I set up my timer with video + and set the timer to record to hard drive a message came up:-

(timer is set but playback is only available)

Does anybody Know what this means
    :lease:

Geoffh18

2. Nelviticus

Nelviticus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    I'm guessing that you set it to record to DVD but there isn't a recordable DVD in the drive. "Timer is set but playback is only available" is a bit like saying "timer is set but recording is not available".

If you press the prog/check button you get a list of forthcoming timer events. Highlight the one you did and press enter. Over on the right hand side there's a box where you can tell it to record to DVD or HDD. Change it to HDD and you should be OK (assuming my guess is right!)

3. maldonian

maldonian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    I wonder if you're referring to the timer recording screen. Is the message actually:-

"Timer standby is active, only playback is possible."

If so, that's normal. It's a quirk of Panasonic DVD recorders. They will only do timer recordings in timer standby mode, which you select by pressing the TIMER button, just like a VCR. While the machine is in timer standby you can play existing recordings, but you cannot select a channel to watch or make a recording, hence the message.

If you want to record something quickly before the timer recording is due to start, you can press the TIMER button to deselect the timer standby, but don't forget to select timer standby again when you've finished otherwise you will miss the timer recording. If you've got the time to set it and you know how long it is, it's safer to set another timer event for the immediate recording and then select timer standby straight away.