Panasonic DMREZ27 and the new Panasonic range

Gavtech

Administrator
Reaction score
Panasonic have finally released detailed information on the DMREZ27.

One presumes they must finally be shipping them. They were due for an April release... and there's only a few days left.... with the rest of the range to follow in May.

As was suspected, it is a digital tuner only, and all information obtained already indicates that it will be the same across the whole range.

At first glance there seem to be very few differences in comparison with the machines they are replacing... other than the 1080P output mentioned elsewhere previously.

One interesting point caught my eye.... to go with the new tuner, the software now supports optional manual control of the digital tuner.

Thanks for the info,
So for the £100 more than the ez25 what do you get? not a lot?

Well - for a start you have lost the analogue tuners five terrestial stations from BBC1 to Channel five TV. This means that if anything is wrong with the freeview digital channels you will not be able to use the analogue channels 901 thru 905 which the EZ25 tuner currently provides as a back-up.

.....more simply, in a poor freeview area, you will not be able to record from the EZ27's tuner.

I am pleased to see the aspect ratio (WSS flag) will be recorded correctly with DVD-R/-RW(V) (mentioned more than once in the manual). Thats' an improvement because I think the EZ25 did everything in 4:3 like the EX75/85 do.
I do hope this means the HDD models will also be improved in this way. Manuals are not available for the 77/87 yet.

I am pleased to see the aspect ratio (WSS flag) will be recorded correctly with DVD-R/-RW(V) (mentioned more than once in the manual). Thats' an improvement because I think the EZ25 did everything in 4:3 like the EX75/85 do.
I do hope this means the HDD models will also be improved in this way. Manuals are not available for the 77/87 yet.

How could I have missed that issue. :)

Indeed, it is a significant development. Fingers crossed for the 'upper models'
It does seem likely that they will be the same.

I've not read the whole of the manual yet... but of the parts I've seen, I have a general impression that they have made an effort to be more directly straightforward in style in this one, which is an improvement on the ambiguous presentation which has dogged previous Panasonic manuals.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom