Panasonic DMREZ25 model confusion!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by srp1969, Feb 12, 2009.

1. srp1969

srp1969
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all

I appreciate I'm being dull here, but can someone clear this up for me. A while back I asked for a DMREZ25 - EBS recorder. Ages after I received it I noticed what I had was a DMREZ25. I put this down to the person buying it for me getting the wrong model. However, I came across the original box this week and it says DMREZ25 - EBS. Are these 2 different models?

The reason I ask is that I asked for the EBS model after reading a review which said it had a digital tuner. I took this to mean I could record one programme and watch another - something you can't do with the DMREZ25.

If they are 2 different models I effectively received the wrong DVD recorder in the box. It's late in the day now, but I wonder whether I can quote the Sales of Goods act at them (it's not 6 years yet obviously!)?

Any help gratefully received.

Simon

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,093
    Hello Simon. Welcome to the forum.

The 'EBS' suffix simply means : 'EB' = for the UK market, and 'S' = Silver.

This suffix is normally left tacit because if you buy in the UK you can expect it to be an'EBS'

You have been under a misapprehension regarding the digital tuner.
    To be able to record one channel and watch another requires two tuners... and DVDR's always only have one.

You are probably mixing up these devices with PVR's which commonly have two tuners.
    So - No - you can't quote the sale of goods act to anyone.

3. srp1969

srp1969
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ah, thanks for explaining - so quick too!

I'm glad it wasn't a mistake at the shop then. However, I swear the Which review I read from late 2006 said that I could record one channel and watch another. I might try to check back - would like to know whether I was mistaken on that.

Thanks very much for clearing that up though.

Si

4. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,093
    That report said you could watch another digital channel whilst recording another ...provided you had a Freeview box or an IDTV.

5. srp1969

srp1969
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ah

Thanks for clearing that up - I really should pay more attention (and try to understand technology better!!!).

Si