Panasonic DMREX95VEBS- More help required please!!

addyeddy

A couple of things I need help with if somebody would be so kind!!

How do I select high speed copying?

So far, i've only been able to copy at normal speed with one exception when I was able to copy form the HDD to a DVD-R at about 3x speed.

I have enabled it in the setup part of the menu.

Apart from the one time mentioned above, the high speed copy option is greyed out.

Is it possible to turn off the feature that is supposed to improve VHS to DVD copies?

To me it just seems to make the copy a bit grainier.

I'm recording a SP.

I don't think the VHS part on this unit is as good as my 4 year old seperate Panasonic VHS so far!

Any help appreciated!

Gavtech

Administrator
A couple of things I need help with if somebody would be so kind!!

How do I select high speed copying?

Go to : Functions / To others / Setup / Disc /Settings for recording - then select 'Record for High speed copy' and set that to ON.

Only recordings you make with this setting to 'ON' will be available for high speed copying. [ Also, if any recordings thus made exceed the capacity of the destination disc , it will also be impossible to high speed copy unless you split them up or reduce their size. ]

Any recording made before this setting was ON will also NOT be available for high speed copying... which probably accounts for the option being greyed out.

So far, i've only been able to copy at normal speed with one exception when I was able to copy form the HDD to a DVD-R at about 3x speed.

I have enabled it in the setup part of the menu.

Apart from the one time mentioned above, the high speed copy option is greyed out.

Is it possible to turn off the feature that is supposed to improve VHS to DVD copies?

To me it just seems to make the copy a bit grainier.

I cannot find any reference to such a setting.

I don't think the VHS part on this unit is as good as my 4 year old separate Panasonic VHS so far!

Independent tests agree with you.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom