Panasonic DMREX75EBS - accessing camcorder data

justnod

Standard Member
Reaction score
Following a previous post, I have invested in a DV cable to copy camcorder recordings to my Panasonic DMREX75EBS PVR. I have successfully transferred a test recording (though the auto record didn't seem too great & I have had to create chapters myself). However, is there a way to access the additional info that was on the camcorder tape - e.g. date, time etc, once transferred to the PVR?

Thanks in advance.

However, is there a way to access the additional info that was on the camcorder tape - e.g. date, time etc, once transferred to the PVR?

No. I am afraid it is not possible. [ note that the unit is a DVDR - not a PVR ] These units are not really editing decks at all.

Whether you could see it at all would depend on whether the feature was turned on in the camera .. and if it is sent out in the main feed, which it probably is not.
It is likely just sent to the local camera display.

But it may be an option in your camcorder menus to output it, so check that ... but bear in mind that if you did manage to get it to the EX75 it would be burned into the image and not switchable.

Thanks for that. I may have wasted my good dosh on the DV cable I guess as, in the end, it appears not to give me much more, if anything, over the cable that sends via phono plugs.

I will investigate the camcorder output options. Certainly, if I do an auto record (which seems to end at first gap in tape), it transfers the first date on the camcorder to the title of the recording but that's not a great help.

Thanks for that. I may have wasted my good dosh on the DV cable I guess as, in the end, it appears not to give me much more, if anything, over the cable that sends via phono plugs.

I don't think it will have been a waste.

It will definitely be giving you a better quality transfer than the composite method you were using before... even if it is not giving you some of the features you had hoped for.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom