Panasonic DMREX75 not reading discs

D

damonmc

Just had mine delivered today and setup okay although analogue tuning and clock didnt setup automatically. I have recorded some programs through the guide okay.

However when I insert a shop bought DVD it wont seem to initialise the disc and there is quite abit of noise coming from the unit. It then displays on the screen that it cannot read this disc. I have tried many discs that work in my old machine which are all region 2 and none work.

I have looked at the instruction book and cant see anything that I am not doing and presume machines like these dont have transit settings anymore like when DVD's first came out. Would you assume that the machine is faulty ?

Kevosull

Hi there,

I've had mine for approx 3 weeks and I can't remember having to take any shipping clips or locks off.

Hope you get it sorted soon !

Kev

Gavtech

Administrator
Would you assume that the machine is faulty ?

Hi Damon - Welcome to the forum.

Yes ... I am sorry to say I do think it is faulty.

Contact your supplier and advise them of the situation. You need a replacement.

Good luck

D

damonmc

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

I will be getting onto my supplier tomorrow with regard to collecting it and providing replacement.

Apart from this issue I am pretty pleased with the other functions tested. however is there anyway of switching off the start of playback in the library as I can imagine this could be a little annoying after a while ?.

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

I will be getting onto my supplier tomorrow with regard to collecting it and providing replacement.

Apart from this issue I am pretty pleased with the other functions tested. however is there anyway of switching off the start of playback in the library as I can imagine this could be a little annoying after a while ?.

I am afraid not. This is a common annoyance.

You may prefer list view of programmes in the navigator. This is generally less cluttered and quicker to navigate because you don't have to wait while the unit goes off fetching thumbnails to populate the screen.. and you don't have to hang around being annoyed by the programme running.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom