1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic dmres20d -is it any good?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by the baron, Oct 11, 2005.

1. the baron

the baron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    I havent entered the world of dvd recorders and i am still using a video to record.is this an easy machine to get to grips with for a first timer?.has the freeview got now and next for all channels without turning over?.can you record from a vcr? thanks.

2. ajp558

ajp558

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    an easy machine to get to grips with for a first timer?

>> Setup was easy, watching & recording freeview was easy, but due to poor(ish) manual it took me a little while to get used to chase-play/timeslip while recording to DVD-RAM.

.has the freeview got now and next for all channels without turning over?
    >> Yes, use the info button & then you can scroll through the info for the other channels while watching the current one.

.can you record from a vcr? thanks.
    >> yes, using SCART in. Its easy but of course there is macrovision protection if you are hoping to transfer bought tapes with protection built in.

Cheers,
    AJP

3. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    I purchased this DMR-ES20D because it had the freeview plus analogue integrated tuner. Its low power use. It only uses 25 watts (imagine that - less than a standard lightbulb) and, of course, its support for DVD-RAM. I use this machine connected to my Topfield PVR which has a 160GB HDD. Perfect combination. I am well pleased with the ES20D. I also have the E85 and E60 machines.

http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/diga/europe/es20_es10/specifications.html