Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic DMRES10

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by crol, Jul 5, 2005.

1. crol

crol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased a Panasonic DMRES10. When using Brand new disks on the the 'Flexible recording' facility I have discovered that it gets half-way through the recording and then stops. However, when I use a Used disk (same type) I have no problems. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

2. peter434

peter434
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've seen the similar thing, I was about to post:
    I’ve been waiting for a while for the right DVD recorder to archive from my Sky+ box (upgraded with 160Gb Maxtor 4R160L0, absolutely zero problems) and the Panasonic ES10 hit the right features at the right price so ordered one from E-buyer. Set-up is Sky+ TV out (set to RGB) to ES10 AV2 in (set to RGB /Video) ES10 AV1 out to Panasonic PA20 plasma AV4 in (RGB). IXOS flat IHT611 scart cables throughout.

Set about archiving some stuff. A couple of bits off the Disney channel no problems at, ES10 flexible record is fantastic, set the time to the minute, recording starts almost instantly after the button is pressed.

Now my ‘issue’ tried to archive some episodes of ‘Raven’ (kids game show on BBC2 of a morning). Setup copy list from Sky +, set it going along with the ES10 and left it run overnight – 4hr mode. Check the Sony DVD-R in the morning and perfect picture of the Sky+ copy screen, 20 secs of BBC2, then the picture freezes and stutters for 1 sec, then completely blank screen. Confirmed by trying a Ritek DVD-R, same thing similar place. Put in a Sony DVD-RW and no problems, records fine.

Repeated the exercise with an episode of Poirot (std 2hr mode), Sony-R, Ritek-R freezes 30-40secs in, stutters and blank for the rest of the disc. (happily carries on recording nothing). Put in a DVD-RW and again records fine.

Tried Sky movies, copied over a film from Sky+ HDD to ES10 on DVD-R no problems (flexi mode 1hr 15mins).

Set the ES10 AV2 in to RGB instead of RGB / Video and now I get about 20mins before picture loss. Anyone any experience / ideas /recommendations

3. peter434

peter434
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hands up for my own stupidity:

Sky+ scart to DMRES10 AV2 in
    DMRES10 to Panasonic plasma AV1 in

I’ve been setting the sky+ copy list up and then pressing record – but I’ve had the DMRES10 set to AV1. Picture out from Sky+ box, into ES10 AV2, out DMRES10 AV1 up to plasma and back down to DMRES10 AV1 where it’s available for recording. As soon as I turn the plasma off – no more signal.

Problem solved, back to extremely happy with ES10. Flexi record picture is fantastic, 2hour mode is indistinguishable from source material. 4 hour mode also practically indistinguishable from original. I wont be using the 6 or 8 hour modes though – probably ok on a smaller screen but 42” it’s painful.