Quantcast

Panasonic dmres10 self check again!

A

arnieboy

Help, I previously posted "My dvd recorder has now messed up several recordings and ruined a dvd-rw so it cannot be formatted. Part way through a recording it simply stops and does a "self check". I have seen other threads mentioning a voltage rectifier at fault. The handbook says a self check is due to a power failure. My machine is out of guarantee and was v cheap in the first place. Any tv repair shops want £20 just to look at it let alone repair it. I am tempted to bin it but wonder if anyone knows of a cheap solution? It feels like a component is heating up, failing and then cooling down. Help please???"

Jaycee kindly replied with the part number for the voltage regulator. I finally found someone prepared to look at my unit for free and he said because the unit plays dvds all the way through it could not be the rectifier at fault. He seemed genuine as he did not charge but when I reconnected last night and tried a one hour recording hey presto after 20 minutes it stopped and did the usual self check. I am now confused as to what can be happening and why a recording would give a different result to playback. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance.....:lease:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Recording draws more current from the power supply.
It is the regulator at fault.

Gavtech

Administrator
it could not be the rectifier at fault.
Note what JayCee is referring to... Not the rectifier...but a switch mode regulator.
There is a very significant difference.

A

arnieboy

Thanks, I have ordered the part. Any advice on soldering? I am definitely an amateur in this dept and don't want to destroy everything through ignorance!

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I would advise against having a go yourself if you're inexperienced...chances are you'll ruin it and waste your money.
Get the regulator yourself and phone around and ask a TV engineer how much he'll take to fit it.

A

arnieboy

The part arrived, it's got 5 pins. However the only two parts in my unit which look similar have 3 and 7 pins!! Both are mounted on a aluminium heat sink and neither seem to have the same part number as my new one. Can anyone advise please??

JayCee

Distinguished Member
What advice do you need?
You've been told what causes your symptoms...you've got the correct part...you've stated you're not up to fitting it yourself...so why not just get someone who's experienced to fit it?

A

arnieboy

I am asking where the part is located as I have looked at every component in the unit and none match. Thanks

Hal_loe

Novice Member
I am asking where the part is located as I have looked at every component in the unit and none match. Thanks
In the EH85 and EH95 the part is screwed onto a big metal heatsink, there is a guide with photos for the EH85 HERE.

I have no idea exactly what the power supply layout is on the ES10, but I hope that helps.

A

arnieboy

Thanks for this, this makes me think I have the wrong part. I attach 3 photos which show the two components which I have, both of which have a different number of pins. I appreciate everyone's advice, I just want to ensure I have the correct part before I make the decision whether to pay someone to fit it.

Attachments

Hal_loe

Novice Member
Hi

Could you quote the part numbers that are on the two components please. The we can identify what jobs they are doing.

I expect the 7 pin device is probably the regulator.

Hal_loe

Novice Member
Just had a thought though.

Self check can be generated by either the power supply or the DVD-RAM drive.

So it might be the case that you have a faulty DVD-RAM drive which only has a problem with the burning side of the unit.

A

arnieboy

The 7 pin has 81759 (could be B1759) then below it says MR4020, the 3 pin has N5G and underneath CQ10A06.

The self check happened with a dvdrw though it could well happen with a dvd ram as well.

Thanks

Hal_loe

Novice Member
The 7 pin has 81759 (could be B1759) then below it says MR4020, the 3 pin has N5G and underneath CQ10A06.

The self check happened with a dvdrw though it could well happen with a dvd ram as well.

Thanks
Hmm

The MR4020 is a "partial resonance power supply IC module with a function for switching to standby mode during micro-loads".

So I don't think it is that.

I can't find out about the other one.

When I said DVD-RAM i meant the dvd drive unit as a whole. Sorry for the confusion.