1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMRES10 question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by hotrod, Sep 30, 2005.

1. hotrod

hotrod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    looking at buying the above dvd recorder and have one quick question - can a dvdr be used as a multisession disc ie record a number of programs until the disc is full then close it?

2. RosemaryP

RosemaryP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes until there is no space left then you finalize it so it can be used on other dvd players.

RosemaryP

3. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    With the Panasonic ES10 you can also use DVD-RAM discs which can be recorded on over and over again without formatting. Just delete and rerecord over - similar to what you do with a hard drive. Video quality is excellent even set at LP (4 hours per 4.7GB disc).

4. hotrod

hotrod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies - one other question (but i suspect the answer will be no) - can i transfer anything from a dvdram to a dvd r using this machine?

5. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Using the same machine - NO - it only has the one DVD tray as do all the other machines, but there is a way it can be done.

The Panasonic DVD PLAYERS also play DVD-RAM discs recorded in both SP and LP mode. I sometimes transfer this way using the player connected to the DVD recorder. I use the Panasonic S27 player but JVC and NAD dvd players will also play dvd-ram discs as will a few PC writers with the LG and Panasonic PC writers also recording to ram discs.

A contributor on one of the recent threads on this forum has pointed out that it was necessary to set the DVD-RAM disc to "locked" on the Panasonic recorder before he could play it in his Pioneer A106 writer.

6. hotrod

hotrod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I never though of that. I received a S27 a couple of months ago free after buying a panny idtv. I was going to bin it as i don't particularly rate it as a dvd player, but after looking at the front of the machine it does play ram discs so i think it might work out cheaper than buying a dvd recorder with hdd and transferring that way.

Thanks for the idea :clap:

7. Chinaldo

Chinaldo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.
    Is it possible to make the panny dmres10 multi region?

8. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Yes - but it will cost around £20. Many retailers sell this machine already multiregion modified and its probably cheaper to purchase this way rather than have it done later.