Quantcast

Panasonic DMRES10 question

hotrod

Standard Member
looking at buying the above dvd recorder and have one quick question - can a dvdr be used as a multisession disc ie record a number of programs until the disc is full then close it?

R

RosemaryP

hotrod said:
looking at buying the above dvd recorder and have one quick question - can a dvdr be used as a multisession disc ie record a number of programs until the disc is full then close it?
Yes until there is no space left then you finalize it so it can be used on other dvd players.

RosemaryP

ROYOLD

Novice Member
With the Panasonic ES10 you can also use DVD-RAM discs which can be recorded on over and over again without formatting. Just delete and rerecord over - similar to what you do with a hard drive. Video quality is excellent even set at LP (4 hours per 4.7GB disc).

hotrod

Standard Member
Thanks for the replies - one other question (but i suspect the answer will be no) - can i transfer anything from a dvdram to a dvd r using this machine?

ROYOLD

Novice Member
Using the same machine - NO - it only has the one DVD tray as do all the other machines, but there is a way it can be done.

The Panasonic DVD PLAYERS also play DVD-RAM discs recorded in both SP and LP mode. I sometimes transfer this way using the player connected to the DVD recorder. I use the Panasonic S27 player but JVC and NAD dvd players will also play dvd-ram discs as will a few PC writers with the LG and Panasonic PC writers also recording to ram discs.

A contributor on one of the recent threads on this forum has pointed out that it was necessary to set the DVD-RAM disc to "locked" on the Panasonic recorder before he could play it in his Pioneer A106 writer.

hotrod

Standard Member
ROYOLD said:
Using the same machine - NO - it only has the one DVD tray as do all the other machines, but there is a way it can be done.

The Panasonic DVD PLAYERS also play DVD-RAM discs recorded in both SP and LP mode. I sometimes transfer this way using the player connected to the DVD recorder. I use the Panasonic S27 player
I never though of that. I received a S27 a couple of months ago free after buying a panny idtv. I was going to bin it as i don't particularly rate it as a dvd player, but after looking at the front of the machine it does play ram discs so i think it might work out cheaper than buying a dvd recorder with hdd and transferring that way.

Thanks for the idea :clap:

C

Chinaldo

Hi.
Is it possible to make the panny dmres10 multi region?

ROYOLD

Novice Member
Yes - but it will cost around £20. Many retailers sell this machine already multiregion modified and its probably cheaper to purchase this way rather than have it done later.