Panasonic DMRES10 Q's

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by staresy, Apr 4, 2005.

1. staresy

staresy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have a Panasonic E55 DVD recorder and I use it as a de-interlacer to driver an LCD screen (RGB interlaced into the E55, component 576p out of the E55 to the LCD screen). This works very well and the E55 is suprisingly good at doing the conversion.

Panasonic have just launched the DMRES10 DVD recorder which boasts DCDI (Faroudja chip) de-interlacing on the component O/P.

A few Q's:

1) Is the same DCDI chip used in the older E55?

2) Does anyone have the DMRES10, if so can you tell me which output resolutions are supported. The E55 just does 576p and 576i (and the NTSC variants). Does the newer panasonic support higher resolutions (720p and above)? If so it should make for a pretty cheap and good scaler....plus if it's anything like the E55 it'll be a good DVD recorder to boot!

2. AVmaster

AVmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    To the best of my knowledge the ES10 does not have DCDI and therefore outputs the same 576p Component output as your E55. The only enhancement on the video outputs on the new models is that the Component output will work simultaneously with having an RGB scart output from AV1, where as enabling the Component output on your E55 will limit the AV1 output to Composite video only (except when the recorder is in standby as it would simply act as a loop through from AV2 anyway).

3. rickyg

rickyg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If only that were so. The connection AV1 output menu options on my ES10 are the same as my E55, namely:

Video (with component)
    S Video (with component)
    RGB (without component).

I admit that I've not tested it, so is the menu wrong?

4. AVmaster

AVmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'll have to check as the one I looked at had a 4th option, RGB (with component), unless it was the EH50 HDD version.