Panasonic DMREH60D - records from external source

N

nickbrace

I have been looking for something like this forever - a HDD recorder with digital tuner that will also record from an external source.......in my case an NTSC signal coming from a satellite signal.

This seems to do everything, including the above......also has an RF Modulator which I need.

Only problem is its £400 which is outrageous for a single tuner :mad:

I thought I should post about this as people keep telling me there is no such thing as a HDD Recorder with Freeview and has the ability to record from an external source.......

If anyone has this machine I would love to hear what you have to say or anyone who has seen it under £400...?

Nick

nickbrace said:
I thought I should post about this as people keep telling me there is no such thing as a HDD Recorder with Freeview and has the ability to record from an external source.......

You obviously have been asking in the wrong places then. ;)
All DVDRs with built-in Freeview have that ability.
PVRs don't.

nickbrace said:
If anyone has this machine I would love to hear what you have to say

I'm sure I've seen this in dozens of posts...just do a search of the forum.

JayCee said:
You obviously have been asking in the wrong places then. ;)
All DVDRs with built-in Freeview have that ability.
PVRs don't.

I'm sure I've seen this in dozens of posts...just do a search of the forum.

What is the difference between a DVDR and a PVR??

nickbrace said:
What is the difference between a DVDR and a PVR??

Digital Video Recorders (DVDR) allow you to record onto disc and/or Hard Disk (HDD) and are available with Analogue and Digital (Freeview) tuners. Very few of them have RF modulators (Panasonic and a few aside).
They all have inputs for external sources such as Satellite, Camcorders etc.

Personal Video Recorders (PVR) are TV Tuners with built-in Hard Drives for recording TV progs only and are designed to be simple and foolproof to operate.

Of the two the DVDR is the most versatile.

JayCee said:
Digital Video Recorders (DVDR) allow you to record onto disc and/or Hard Disk (HDD) and are available with Analogue and Digital (Freeview) tuners. Very few of them have RF modulators (Panasonic and a few aside).

Personal Video Recorders (PVR) are TV Tuners with built-in Hard Drives for recording TV progs only and are designed to be simple and foolproof to operate.

This is where I have messed up! I have bought a Humax 9200 which is awesome for Freeview, BUT does nothing else - notably recording an NTSC signal coming from my satellite receiver!!!

Thanks for advice........think it will have to be this Panasonic for sure as no others seem to have RF Modulators other than the two top Sony's but they done record NTSC signals :mad:

Its a mindfield out there trying to get what you need :suicide:

JayCee said:

Does anyone know of the manufacturers which allow a DVDR to change the channel of an external source - ie, to control it and for instance turn the channel in the middle of the night to record something??

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom