Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic DMREH60D DTT reception

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by HelenS, Aug 20, 2005.

1. HelenS

HelenS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am very interested in getting a Panasonic EH60D as soon as I am able to; one thing niggling at the back of my mind is the question of Freeview reception. I am in one of those areas which "technically" can't receive a lot of DTT channels, yet my current separate Sony VTX D800U box picks up everything with no problem. Does anyone yet know how good/sensitive the DTT receiver in the EH60D actually is? It's presumably the same in the ES20D which has been on sale a while longer, so feedback on this aspect of that machine would also be helpful.

Thank you,

Helen

2. mentsugi

mentsugi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I have the ES20D and prior to this I bought a cheap Freeview receiver from Alba. With that receiver I checked that I could get good strength DTT signals from my loft aerial before spending the big bucks on the ES20D.
    I found the Alba picked up all available channels no problem with signal and quality strengths around 80% which looked fine on my 32" TV.
    Then I installed the ES20D recently and it found all the DTT channels , although for some reason I had to retune twice to get some music channels.
    Now there is a signal quality meter on the Panny and it showed around 9 or 10 out of 10 for all channels and with a month or so of viewing and recording I can say that the tuner is very good and the quality meter (there is no separate strength meter) appears to match the quality of picture I am seeing.

Hope this helps?

3. the blue angel

the blue angel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    how many timer advent recordings can you make from the electronic program guide can you watch a dvd while it records a timer advent

4. HelenS

HelenS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, yes it does - just the sort of info I was looking for!