Panasonic DMREH60D DTT reception

H

HelenS

I am very interested in getting a Panasonic EH60D as soon as I am able to; one thing niggling at the back of my mind is the question of Freeview reception. I am in one of those areas which "technically" can't receive a lot of DTT channels, yet my current separate Sony VTX D800U box picks up everything with no problem. Does anyone yet know how good/sensitive the DTT receiver in the EH60D actually is? It's presumably the same in the ES20D which has been on sale a while longer, so feedback on this aspect of that machine would also be helpful.

Thank you,

Helen

I have the ES20D and prior to this I bought a cheap Freeview receiver from Alba. With that receiver I checked that I could get good strength DTT signals from my loft aerial before spending the big bucks on the ES20D.
I found the Alba picked up all available channels no problem with signal and quality strengths around 80% which looked fine on my 32" TV.
Then I installed the ES20D recently and it found all the DTT channels , although for some reason I had to retune twice to get some music channels.
Now there is a signal quality meter on the Panny and it showed around 9 or 10 out of 10 for all channels and with a month or so of viewing and recording I can say that the tuner is very good and the quality meter (there is no separate strength meter) appears to match the quality of picture I am seeing.

Hope this helps?

how many timer advent recordings can you make from the electronic program guide can you watch a dvd while it records a timer advent

mentsugi said:
I have the ES20D and prior to this I bought a cheap Freeview receiver from Alba. With that receiver I checked that I could get good strength DTT signals from my loft aerial before spending the big bucks on the ES20D.
I found the Alba picked up all available channels no problem with signal and quality strengths around 80% which looked fine on my 32" TV.
Then I installed the ES20D recently and it found all the DTT channels , although for some reason I had to retune twice to get some music channels.
Now there is a signal quality meter on the Panny and it showed around 9 or 10 out of 10 for all channels and with a month or so of viewing and recording I can say that the tuner is very good and the quality meter (there is no separate strength meter) appears to match the quality of picture I am seeing.

Hope this helps?

Thank you, yes it does - just the sort of info I was looking for!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom