1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic dmreh50mr connection

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by iainmac, Sep 4, 2005.

1. iainmac

iainmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have set up my new dvd recorder as outlined in the handbook. Recording,time slip work ok,but1 I cannot view tv whilst recording.Where have I gone wrong?

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,884
    How is it connected.........by scart?
    What do you mean by "I cannot view tv whilst recording"? All you need to do is use your TV remote to select either terestrial on chans 1,2,3,4,5 or the scart inputs by pressing the remotes AV buttons.

3. iainmac

iainmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Connected by scart. TV tuner breaks up the picture - I can only watch the programme being recorded.Do I need an RF modulator?

4. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,884
    The aerial should be going into the aerial in socket on the DVDR
    A lead from the RF OUT on the DVDR should be going to the aerial socket on your TV.
    A scart lead should go from the DVDR AV1 socket to your TV AV1 socket.

No........wired as above should give you normal reception.....I have a feeling you have left out the lead from the DVDR RF out to your TV aerial socket so check it. :smashin:

5. iainmac

iainmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All connections have been made as your (and the handbook) instructions. DVD channel being recorded can be viewed on av, but when I try to view another channel I get the audio from that channel, but the (broken-up picture) being recorded.

6. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,884
    When you try to view another channel what remote control are you using.......the TV or DVDRs?
    What happens when you press the "1" button on the TV remote?
    What make is the TV?

7. iainmac

iainmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have tried changing channel with both remote controls,but the result is the same. I have set up the dvd remote to operate the tv (Sony). With tv on standby and dvd recording, if I press 1 on the tv remote, the picture is ok. If I try to change channel or even return to the cahnnel being recorded, I can only get the picture on the tv av button. I have also discovered that with the dvd on I cannot access teletext.

8. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,884
    In that case I think your TV is still in its "AV" mode.
    On most Sony TVs when it has switched to an AV channel (i.e. the one your DVDR is on) to get it back to "Tuner" mode you have to press the "AV" button until it cycles through all the AV options

AV1, AV1Y/C, AV2, AV2Y/C, AV3 and then it should switch to prog 1,2,3 etc or the last terrestrial channel you were viewing before it switched to the DVDR AV position.
    I know it's confusing :confused:

9. iainmac

iainmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No joy with this either. Will contact supplier tomorrow and will let you know the outcome. Thanks for your help.

10. iainmac

iainmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The number supplied by the retailer(0870 of course) took me direcly to Panasonic.First call was useless,but the second person I spoke to indicated that the problem was the RF channel being used by the dvd was getting interference. I have tried RF channels 21 to 68 ,but the problem remains.

11. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,884
    Well I don't know why he suggested that :confused: as by default the rf modulator is switched off and anyway you have it connected to the TV by scart which is the proper way for best pic and sound quality.
    Do have a vcr or Satellite/Freeview box connected as well?

12. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    I don't see why your RF modulator is in use at all. Your Panasonic DVD recorder should be connected by scart socket from AV1 dvd scart output to AV2 scart input on Sony TV.
    AV1 socket on your Sony TV should be connected to a Freeview STB. The second output on your Freeview STB should be connected to your Panasonic dvd recorder scart input AV2.
    This will allow you to record digital channels on the Panasonic.

For viewing the Panasonic dvd recorder on your TV set your TV to AV2. For viewing just Freeview channels on your TV set the TV to AV1. For viewing just the five normal terrestial channels on your TV (from the coaxial aerial input) just leave the TV set to normal (i.e. neither AV1 or AV2) and select these channels on your Sony remote. (Maybe not a good idea to have programmed these into the dvd remote if its going to confuse).

You can connect your aerial input direct to the Panasonic coax aerial in and then from the Panasonic output coax to the TV. Or you could use an aerial splitter (perhaps a dual output signal booster) to connect the dvd and the Tv to the aerial separately.

Doing it this way should sort out your problems. Where the RF modulator comes into I have no idea. It shouldn't be needed.

13. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,884
    Royold.........Did you read this thread from the start.........because nowhere do I see Ianmac mentioning anything about having a Freeview box. :confused:
    I aked him in my last post if he has one or a Satellite.

14. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Hi there JayCee - Yes I did read all the thread. If he doesn't have a freeview box then I am presuming he will be obtaining one at some future time. Like yourself, I also think, that he is not switching out of the AV channel the Sony is on for the dvd recorder. I just set it out that way to try and make him see where he was possibly going wrong. Most people have a vcr (if not a pvr) and he hasn't mentioned that either but may have one connected in somewhere. I try and read beyond the initial info - sometimes its helpful - sometimes its not.

If he does have a freeview stb then I missed a bit out of the previous thread - the aerial will also have to go thru this in addition to the panasonic dvd rec and the TV.
    I actually use a Maxview TV signal amplifier to split the aerial signal to five outlets.

15. iainmac

iainmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your continued interest in my problem. Yes, I do have a freeview box, but I was avoiding that until I had the setup correct. The Sony tv has only one scart, although I had been considering a widescreen lcd, which presumably would have two scarts.
    Interestingly, if I record using video plus on dvd, the tv tuner will change to all terrestrial channels, whereas if I use instant record the picture breaks up.