1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMREH50

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Carloto, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Carloto

Carloto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got any views or opinions or reviews on this unit? I am considering purchasing this but would welcome any feedback from current owners or thoes in the know!
    :smashin:

2. MattDX

MattDX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Bought mine from Richer Sounds about 5 weeks ago for £270 + £60 for 3 year warranty.

Great bit of kit, really pleased with my purchase. Recordings are excellent and the unit is very quiet. Good editing tools and very user friendly - check out the reviews in the forums to see for yourself.
    The only 2 things that I think let it down are:

You can't automatically add chapters to a recording - you have to do this manually.

When you record onto anything other than the HDD or DVD-RAM it will only record in 4:3. This sounds quite major but I only ever use the HDD so not a show stopper for me.

3. Carloto

Carloto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool, thanks. I think I'll pop down to Richersounds at lunchtime then!

4. troutmask

troutmask

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got one recently too - chapters are added every 5 mins or so when you dub to DVD (except at high speed, when chapter points you create beforehand are preserved), and the aspect ratio is preserved if you record in real time to DVD - but the widescreen designation is lost (aspect ratio is unaffected though, as far as I can tell). Aspect ration changed to 4:3 when dubbing at high speed though! Some strange quirks ....

5. RAB67

RAB67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Mine died after 3 months - but has now been fixed. Back in the best-thing-since-sliced-bread category.

6. lemondy

lemondy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only problem I have with it is its slow response to the remote. But you do get use to it after a week or two. Other than that, it works great.

There is also a detailed review of the unit at iRecordTV and at CNET .

7. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297