1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMREH50 or DMRES10

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Goooner, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Just about to buy a Panasonic plasma and I've got the option of a free DMRES10 or a half price DMREH50 (£160), I've already got Sky+ so basically what I'm asking is:

Is the DMREH50 worth £160 more than the ES10?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,214
    Do you want to make edited recordings that are compatible on other DVD players (without using a PC)? If the answer is yes then opt for the EH50. If no then the ES10 is an excellent machine especially if free :)

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,759
    I transfer batches of recordings from my Sky+ to the hard drive of my E85 as all transfers from Sky+ are done at normal speed and it's out of action viewing-wise whilst this is taking place. Therefore I couldn't do this straight to a DVD as there wouldn't be enough space. I archive stuff onto the E85 and then can edit it at my leisure and thus free up space on Sky+.

4. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Thanks guys, looks like the ES10 will suit my needs just fine, the extra functionality of the 50 might be nice, but I doubt I'd use it that much.

5. ArtS

ArtS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With EH50 (with HDD) you can make a lot of schedule recording without worrying about DVD discs availability... So, you can watch them, then decide which ones are worth remaining on DVD discs.

ArtS :cool:

6. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Scheduled recording is taken care of by Sky+ so that's not really an issue and I don't really archive stuff, to be honest if I want to keep something I'll buy the DVD with all the extras and 5.1 sound and stuff.

7. ArtS

ArtS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have omited that you use Sky+. BTW I agree with you, that original DVDs are the best option available for archiving favourites.

ArtS :smashin: