panasonic dmreh50 - multiregion?

G

Gibrasky

hi all....first time here :)

just got the panasonic dmreh50 recently and things going well so far with it...

but i've noticed that practically everywhere online that sells it advertises the player as "multiregion"....did anyone get this player region free out of the box? anyone tried playing a non region 2 disc and it has worked?

i'm a bit reluctant just to stick in a region 1 disc and see if it plays..might not be a good idea...and havn't yet been able to find out any concrete info online on whether it is multiregion or not or any info on how to make it multiregion

anyone got any info on this? can it be done with the current remote control via a remote hack....or do u need to buy one of those remote controls for about 20 quid from one of those sites to do it

any info would be greatly appreciated thanks!!

Firstly, try a region one disc, it won't do any harm... all that will happen if it isnt "multi-regioned" is that you will get a message saying "wrong region".

If it isn't already enabled, you'll have to hire a remote to hack it.

If you purchased the recorder as multi-region from a well known supplier then it probably is.
One of the telltale signs is that the box has been opened and resealed by the seller.

I have several bits of multiregion kit and they all work - at least with region 1 dvd's. I don't possess any other regions.

It is officially sold in the UK as not multiregion. When they are obtained from panasonic Uk they are region 2.
I bought one from an approved Panny outlet, checking with Panasonic UK that they were approved. When I taook it to another approved outlet to compare high pitch sound coming from it to theirs, that it had been 'got at' , seal cut, this so called approved outlet had used their maintenance team to doctor it to multiregion. This act was definitely not approved of by panny HQ, they said our approved outlets are not allowed to multiregion them !
Oooooh :nono: I was told it invalidated the warranty, so thats why they squirmed when I asked for a replacement unit and they said their chaps would fix this one, different story to just before I paid for it,... yet one day old ! panny policy is 28 days or less and if faulty, a replacement.

I now have an approved product, able to have Panny repair it if need be. and its not multiregion

I bought a movie from a leading UK outlet and found it wont play, its region 1...bloody daft having this region thing though, UK outlets selling region 1 movies when the UK doesnt officially approve of multiregion, its a 'back street clinic job !..as far as Panasonic are concerned anyway. I would be happy with an approved machine that was multiregion, but as it stands, you cannot approach Panasonic about it if its got a problem.
Merlin

Panasonic send out a disc to retailers with the multiregion code on them.
They would never advertise the fact though.

interesting, they do that knowing full well it then invalidates the warranty on the machine with themselves !
Merlin

It is either a disc or a remote they give out. I had an rp-82 and it was not multi region and my local dealer did it for me, when I asked how they got the multi region hack he said that Panasonic give it to them.

thanks for all the replies guys...

but there should be a way with a remote...maybe u have to get another remote or someone somewhere knows a code u put into the remote...like with other dvd players to make it multiregion.....would simply be nice to be able to play my region 1 dvds on it

I got mine recently from a well-known hi-fi retailer advertised as multiregion & it works great with region 1 discs - the box looked unopened & they said making it multiregion didn't invalidate the warranty ... but who knows! Hopefully I won't find out!

it's cool i've made it multiregion now

ordered a remote from an online site for it...worked perfectly

looks like that's the only way to make it multiregion

cost 20ish quid so not much..and def worth it

yup it was that one hehe and yeah it's been working with all region dvds perfectly ever since....never any problems with dvds...all good

sorry dozer i only just saw your reply/question now....a bit late lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom