Panasonic DMREH-50 Stuttering playback

tutu

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've owned the Panasonic DMREH-50 for a while now (80gb HDD and DVD Recorder). Lately it has been playing up - stuttering playback on hdd recordings (recorded off the freeview tuner). I was watching Alien Ressurection and it was the worst I have seen - it will play for 1 second, then stop, then 1 second, stop. It continues for 20 minutes when I just gave up.

Do you think formatting the HDD will help or should I send it back? Or alternative solution. Are they bringing out any new models (bigger hd, dual tuners, divx playback would still be nice).

Send it back if it's under warranty. It may well be the drive.

Freeview reception can freeze and stutter, so I would try recording from the recorder's own analogue tuner before condemning the HDD. (The EH50 hasn't got a built-in Freeview tuner, so I take it the Freeview tuner you refer to is a set top box or in your TV.)

maldonian said:
Freeview reception can freeze and stutter, so I would try recording from the recorder's own analogue tuner before condemning the HDD. (The EH50 hasn't got a built-in Freeview tuner, so I take it the Freeview tuner you refer to is a set top box or in your TV.)

Also, what is your RF routing?

The attena goes straight into the DMRES-50 and then routed into the TV. Sky Digital is skipped.

Lately it has been playing up - stuttering playback on hdd recordings (recorded off the freeview tuner).
The attena goes straight into the DMRES-50 and then routed into the TV. Sky Digital is skipped.
We might be at cross purposes. When you said 'freeview tuner', were you referring to the tuner in the EH50 recorder? (in other words the 'free' channels 1 to 4 (or 5) as opposed to the Sky channels)

Which channel was Alien Resurrection on?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom