Panasonic DMRE95 FS record problem or 'feature'

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sfranrob, Nov 26, 2004.

1. sfranrob

sfranrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a DMRE95 and overall very pleased. However, if I copy in FS mode from HDD to either DVD-R or DVD RAM, I cannot stop the recording once it's started. I haven't tried this in other dubbing (recording) modes, but there doesn't seem anyway to stop it in FS. Normal recording can be stopped OK and all other remote functions seem fine. Has anyone else noticed this? It may be a faulty unit but I don't want to go to the hassle or exchanging it if this is supposed to happen (daft as it may seem) Thanks!

2. ben223

ben223

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What do you mean by FS mode?

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Have you tried pressing 'Return' for 5 seconds?

4. sfranrob

sfranrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I typed 'FS' I meant 'FR' (Flexible Recording) which while stupied, in mitigation was done very late. Anyway, thanks for the reply and yes pressing 'return' for 3 sec does stop the recording. Not very logical, but now I know, so thanks.

A another question please. If you have a tv program for example recorded in XP mode and you want to dub to DVD-R is it best to FR dub for 90 minutes or just copy in SP which allows 120 minutes? ie does FR give a better quality due to higher bit rate copy?

Again, thanks

sfranrob

5. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Yes.

6. sfranrob

sfranrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rasczak

Thanks for your help. I am very pleased with the DMRE95 which I bought mainly to copy old camcorder tapes to DVD. The ability to edit by creating chapter points is particularly useful.

Have used or have experience of the VW-DTM40E/VW-DTM41E software? It is supposed to allow you to use the DMRE95 in the same way you would a DV cam, ie write to DVD in real time, rather than wait for the PC re re-encode everything. Sounds good, but any comments would be appreciated before I spend the money.

Thanks and regards

sfranrob

7. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Haven't used it I'm afraid so can't comment one way or the other.