1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMRE85HEBS DVD recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Treetopcow, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Treetopcow

Treetopcow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

I very recently bought a Panasonic DMRE85HEBS DVD recorder as a result of advice given on this forum. I have not been diappointed - its amazing.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to record a program (using videoplus & timer etc) whereby the adverts are left out - so that I dont need to edit them out later. ??? :lease:

Also, I want to link up my video and playstation too and if possible, record my gaming on the PS2 onto the DVD player's hard disc (and record from video to hard disc). As Im using a cable TV box too its confusing the hell out of me knowing where to plug what in!! Should I use a non-scart lead for the video?

I have looked at the manual but none of the setting up diagrams cater for all the things I want to link up. (I am new to this however and maybe a bit slow as a result!! :zonked: )

Any help would be VERY much appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

www.scotthammond.co.uk

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,212
    No - you have to edit them out yourself I'm afraid.

I assume you have your Cable TV box connected to AV2 via Scart? If so you can either connect the Playstation to AV4 using S-Video connections or get a 2into1 Scart connection that will sit before the AV2 input into the DVD recorder enabling you to choose between Playstation or Cable. I am happy to provide links to such kit if you want but you'll have to wait until Friday as I'm away on work this week.

Again you can either hook upto AV4 via composite connections or just hook up periodically as most of us here do to AV2. You'll probably find once your upto speed on your DVD recorder you won't use your VCR much these days anyway.

3. Treetopcow

Treetopcow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Rasczak!!! :hiya:

Just what I needed - even though it is bad news about the adverts. :thumbsdow

If you could provide a link to that scart lead thing it would be much appreciated but dont worry if you're busy.

One more quick question: :lesson:

Is it possible to create a chapter when you are viewing your recording normally (ie, outside of the editing mode)

Scott

www.scotthammond.co.uk