1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic dmre85h

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by palace, Oct 17, 2004.

1. palace

palace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Have set the dvdr with my new viera but when i switch off the tv i am unable to record and all i get is a blank screen.I have a scart from dvdr to av4(tv),scart from sky digital box to dvdr,also a scart from sky digital box to av1.

If I want to record from sky while the tv is off do I set it up to av4? Even when i turn off the tv while recording from analogue channels the picture goes black.
    I have sucessfully set up timer recordings using dvb so that looks okay but I am banging my head against the wall here

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    This sounds like you are attempting to record programmes from the TV scart (E85 AV1).

The Sky box will be connected to AV2 on the E85 and this is what you need to select for Sky recordings.

For analogue channels the E85 has its own internal tuner.

3. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    If you have the input set to decoder, it will only record from the digibox, whatever analogue channel you select. If you combine this with the black screen you get when switching off the tv using the sky remote, this could be your problem. Do you record sound with the black screen?, if so this proves the above scenario, if there is no sound either, you are recording from the wrong input as stated in the prior post above, fed from the tv only when it is on.

4. palace

palace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I was trying to record from the AV1 instead of the AV2.Thanks for the help.

One more point, the channel numbers on the dvd do not tally with the freeview guide . i.e channel 40 is bbc news on the dvdr ? If not will be av2 be the channel to record for freeview programmes?

5. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I'm afraid the DVD recorder doesn't have a built in freeview receiver.

From the description of your setup you only have the choice of the five main terrestrial analogue channels from the E85 tuner, plus whatever you can get from the Sky Box on AV2.

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    To record from FV use Viera FV tuner and set E85 to AV1 but i think it needs to be set for composite input as this is the output on scart of FV tuner... check panny manuals as this way you can use the Viera to control FV recordings using the Q-link functions