Panasonic DMRE85 / Toshiba RDXS32

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by AxxxxA, Nov 8, 2004.

1. AxxxxA

AxxxxA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys & Girls, just a quick one.

im currently looking at buying a DVD/HD recorder and in your expert opinions can you tell me which one is the best between the Panasonic DMRE85 & Toshiba RDXS32.

I have read many review and both get good marks, so I don’t know which one to go for.

Thanks guys, keep up the good work.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,675
    Both are excellent DVD recorders - you won't be disappointed whichever one you go for. To briefly summerise the benefits of each:

Panasonic E85
    The big thing in the Panasonic's favour is recording quality. As you drop down the recording modes the Panasonic can manage upto 3hrs per DVD in full resolution - the Toshiba only manages 2hrs 20mins. Also the Panasonic is, arguably, easier to use: not specifically for the basic functions but for more complex evolutions.

Toshiba RDXS32
    Everything else tends to favour the Toshiba. This model supports DVD-RW (useful if you want to play your recordings in an upstairs DVD player), it has iLink (for Digital Camcorders) and has more options for selecting your menus.