Panasonic DMRE85 AV2 problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by highbank, Feb 6, 2005.

1. highbank

highbank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a DMRE85, I thought I'd set up correctly with Freeview decoder and Thomson tele.
    Freeview plays through AV2 until I start recording, then AV2 on the tele shows the channel I am recording. Anyone know what I've done wrong?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    I assuming by your (somewhat limited) description that you have your Freeview tuner, E85 and Thompson television hooked up as follows:

Freeview TV Out >>> AV2 on the E85 and then AV1 >>> Thompson TV

...and accordingly when you record from the internal tuner you can only watch that channel? If so then the solution to this problem is to run another Scart cable from the VCR out socket on your Freeview box to a second scart (if you have one) on the Thompson TV. Whilst this will only give a composite picture (as opposed to the RGB one of the TV Out socket) it is better than nothing.

3. highbank

highbank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers mate, that makes sense to me, but I only have the 1 output on my freeview box, I do have 2 inputs on the tele. Can I split the signal before it goes in to the DVD. Its a Pace box so the ouput comes directly as a cable from the box, there is no actual output socket.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Yes - you can get a number of Scart splitters that will do this. If you have a look here you will find a fairly decent one. Given Freeview boxes are so cheap now you might want to consider another one and use that for the E85 whilst having your existing one for your TV - the benefit here being that you can watch two Freeview channels at once.