Panasonic DMRE55EBS Multiregion

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by barbaramac, Oct 7, 2004.

1. barbaramac

barbaramac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought above recorder on Saturday and managed to set it up to record from TV but was unable to get a picture on my VCR to record to DVD. I thought I had made all the proper connections and tried several different set-ups on the recorder but still no use. Can anyone give me any ideas? I have JVC TV and VCR, Panasonic satellite set top box. It is very frustrating.

2. Archie Fax

Archie Fax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Using scart leads at all? Then you might need a scart switch unit as sold in argos for a tenner.

Catalogue no. 534 2361

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    barbaramac, your best bet is to hook up the VCR on an ad hoc arrangement when you want to archive VHS to DVD. Hook up as follows:

VCR Output >>> AV2 on the Panasonic E55 and then AV1 >>> TV Scart Input

Ensure your E55 is set to composite on AV1 and AV2 (goto Functions/Setup/Connections).

Your 'normal' setup could be as follows:

Set Top Box >>> AV2 on the Panasonic E55 and then AV1 >>> TV Scart Input
    VCR Output >>> TV Scart Input 2

Ensure your E55 is set to RGB on AV1 and AV2 (goto Functions/Setup/Connections) - and likewise for your set-top box (if this is Sky goto Services).

4. barbaramac

barbaramac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help. My son came round last night and between us we managed to get it working although there are a few bits to juggle when I get new scarts. I also have a Pioneer DVD player which actually has better facilities than the Panasonic so I have connected it up also but we are not sure if I will be able to record from the player to the recorder. Anyone else tried this?

5. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    If your using commercial disks then the answer is no - copy protection prevents it. For backing up your own DVDRs though then this will work. For copying commercial disks you CAN buy special Scart cables. I do not provide advice on that but others on the forum can and will.