1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMRE55 set up problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ads43, Aug 7, 2004.

1. ads43

ads43
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have just purchased the Panasonic DMRE55 to go with my Panasonic Q Link Widescreen TV and Philips On-Digital Box.

Set up as per TV manual to use Q Link i.e.

TV: AV2 to TV(AV1) on DVD, AV1 to TV on Digital

DVD: AV2 to Recorder on Digital (AV2 set to RGB and normal)

UHF: TV to DVD , DVD to Digital and Aerial to Digital.

I get a clear picture from the DVD if I use a TV channel eg 7 but when I switch to AV2 on the TV then I only get sound and no picture. Can’t work out why though?

This doesn’t cause much of a problem except when you press the function button the TV defaults to AV2. What settings on the TV and Digital Box should I use?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    Sorry - I can't quite work out from your post which Scart socket your DVD recorder is connected to your TV (probably just me reading it wrong)? If it's Scart Socket 2 (EXT2) then it could be that your second Scart socket doesn't support RGB input.

This sounds like a symptom of a composite signal as opposed to an RGB one. Are you getting just a black screen? Try changing the Scart socket to which the DVD recorder is connected.

I'm a bit tired and so can't clearly make out your setup. But for information it should look like this:

Philips OnDigital RGB Out > AV2 on the Panasonic E55 and then AV1 > TV EXT1

In the set-up menu of the E55 both AV1 and AV2 should be set to 'RGB' and both set to 'Normal' (you might need to change that to EXT1 to get External Link working but lets take it one step at a time). Likewise you need to check yout TV and Digibox to find if there is an RGB option you need to enable.

3. ads43

ads43
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're right, my description was a bit hard to understand. I had also tried the same way as you suggested and had got the same problem.

However I tried out my scart leads I bought with the DVD player and now it works fine !!.

My connection is as follows:

DVDR AV1 to TV AV1 (RGB)
    DVDR AV1 - RGB
    DVDR AV2 - RGB
    AV2 connection - Normal
    TV AV2 to Digital Box VCR Scart

The digital box has 2 Scart Sockets

TV (Output RGB)
    VCR (Input CVBS and Output CVBS)

Is my connection on the digital box correct since I now wish to connect the my video as well to record to DVD ? It’s about 15 years old and has one scart socket and an aerial input and output.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    My suggestion on this would be to connect your VCR upto the E55 AV2 Scart socket as and when you want to copy material from VHS to DVD. You may find you do it a fair bit at first as you archive your collection but soon after you'll never touch VHS again ;)

If you wanted to you could connect the VCR Input/Output Scart to the Digibox VCR Scart. When you play on the VCR it will pass through to the TV but the E55 will either need to be in standby or change the AV1/AV2 setting to 'Video'. Frankly I would suggest the direct VCR - DVDR connection I described above.