1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMRE55 Recording problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by GWA, Dec 3, 2004.

1. GWA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi people,

I bought a Panasonic DMRE55 some months ago and have been very pleased with it's performance both with DVD-RAM and DVD-R.

I've been using DVD-RAM for my day-to-day recordings and DVD-R for recordings I wish to keep for a longer period and all has been well until recently.

I started to record the Battlestar Galactica series, broadcast on SKY One, onto DVD-R discs. I've managed to record several episodes without any problems but on Monday when I started the recording, the DMRE55 restarted itself, warned me that an error had occurred and prompted me to insert a new disc. I tried twice more with 2 new discs and the same thing happened each time.

After the program finished, I ran some trial recordings from a different program onto DVD-R without issue.
    The program was repeated tonight and so I tried again but exactly the same thing happened.

I'm recording onto DataSafe DVD-Rs and I'm recording from an NTL set top box.

Does it seem likely to anyone that Sky would broadcast a Macrovision style signal on certain of their programs?

I'm not convinced that's what's happening due to the fact that I've previously recorded other episodes.

Anyone have any ideas?