Panasonic DMRBS850 - won't access iplayer

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Rico2, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Rico2

Rico2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    I recently bought a Panasonic DMRBS850 second hand from ebay. I'd hoped that I'd be able to access BBC iplayer with it - the information I'd read online confirmed that with the most recent firmware installed, it should be able to do this. When I received the player, it already had this firmware (Ver 1.5) installed. Having plugged in my ethernet cable, I found that I had access to Youtube, but there was no iplayer icon. I contacted Panasonic, who suggested resetting to factory settings and trying again. I did thid, but to no avail. Panasonic then threw in the towel and suggested I get in touch with an engineer... gee, thanks Panasonic. I wondered if anyone had any suggestions therefore. I'd thought of burning the ver 1.5 firmware to disc, and trying to reinstall... Would that help? Any insights gratefully received.

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,098
    What source of information says this unit should have iplayer ?... because my recollection ( which isn't necessarily reliable) says that this version of viera doesn't support it.

3. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,098
    Having checked - I'm certain now.
    Unfortunately this unit has Viera cast not Viera connect and as such cannot have iplayer.

4. Rico2

Rico2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,098
    Inded that is an improvement on the information I have and is 'Panasonic official.' so I trust it to be true.

Have you looked deep into the viera screen because in the deeper parts of that menu is a place for ordering and selecting apps that you want onscreen. Perhaps iplayer needs adding from there?