1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR_E50

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by entropycity, Dec 9, 2004.

1. entropycity

entropycity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see that some people rate the E50 highly. I am reasonably pleased with mine and until I had bought a (Humax F2 Fox) set-top box, I had no problem in recording channels 1 to 5 (terestrial)
    Now that I still have the Humax I have no problem in recording these 5 channels....but no others! I am totally unable to get the E50 to 'see' the new channels despite checking and rechecking the scarts and AV cables. What am I doing wrong? For example, how can I record from BBC4 or ITV3 etc?

The auto tuning arrangement for the E-50 is simple but each time it only shows the 5 channels mentioned

Any help most welcome

Thanks

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    The set top box should be connected by scart to the E50 AV2.

To record from the set top box select AV2 as the input to the E50.

The extra channels themselves are not "tuned in" by the E50 and do not appear on the list held in the DVD recorder.

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,214
    As johnjackthom says - just use the Channel up/down buttons to select 'A2'. This channel can be found below Channel 1 - i.e. if you were tuned to Channel 4 and kept pressing the 'Channel Down' button you would go 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > DV > A4 > A3 > A2. Check the manual for the precise order.