Panasonic DMR55EBS Recorder.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by zenki200, Jan 5, 2005.

1. zenki200

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Just posting this thread to recommend this machine to anyone considering an entry level DVD recorder. I brought it initially to wean my Girlfriend of of her awful mono VCR and in doing so anticipated a degree of whining while she got used to working the DVD machine. I can honestly say that I have yet so use a simpler piece of kit. I never actually read the instructions and just plugged all into my system and off you go! It's a piece of cake to use and is just as simple to record/playback as a VCR. The picture quality even on LP exceeds VCR quality and the highest quality is almost indistiguishable from the original signal. The fact that it is only used to record TV for our own use does not pose a problem with it using the DVD-RAM format but you can also use CD-R if you want to record something for someone who can't watch RAM disks. Also I only paid £185 for it on a Richersounds pricematch so all in all I'm very happy with it.