Panasonic DMR500 clock

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Humph, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Humph

Humph
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Since this is a recent problem it may be to do with a setting in the machine.
    I have taken to switching my equipment off at the mains instead of leaving it on standby.
    The Panasonic doesn't retain the clock setting. WQhen it's switched on to standby again the '000' flashes. I can feed the time in manually but when I select the 'Auto Set' key at the function is not available.
    As I say, this is a recent thingin the 'Set up' menu I get a message saying thing. Normally I would expect the time set to survive the 12 hours or so when 'Stand By' is switched off.
    Anyone any ideas please?

Humph

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,572
    The user manual states the clock setting will be retained for 60mins without mains power.

3. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I switch my Panasonic E85 off all the time when not in use.

It does flash 0.00 when reconnected to mains but will regain correct time in less than 5 seconds provided the aerial is connected. If the aerial is not connected then it will continually flash.
    It will also continue flashing if the aerial is not connected prior to switching on at mains.