Panasonic DMR-PWT655EB PVR/Blu-ray Player Combi Review

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Panasonic never seem to get little things right on this kind of gear e.g. Demand 5 and not being able to access settings when recordings are taking place.
A shame but it looks like a different business unit from TVs.

MAX1210

jmcardle

Would have bought this but looks like the only way to access the USB is from the front and with the flap down, so a permanent connection to a large capacity usb drive for archiving/playback means a flash drive sticking out or a cable trailing from the front. Not a good look

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Do the Amazon and Netflix apps. give multi-channel audio from streamed material (when it's so encoded, obviously), does anyone know?

Clem

karold

Novice Member
Anyone know where one can actually purchase one of these? Only place I can find is Currys where it costs significantly more than this review suggests!

Gavtech

Administrator
I'm struggling to find this any cheaper than £299. :(
£229 seems to be a typical discounted price currently: (Misleading link removed)

Last edited:

Gavtech

Administrator
That link is for the;
Item model number: DMR-HWT250EB
ASIN: B015341TUM
Missing the slot to put a disk in!
Ah - Yes indeed. Sneaky of amazon - That is the search result for the right model number - but no obvious model number present in the sale advert.

I'll remove the link so as not to mislead others.

MAX1210

trebor2

Standard Member
Other than the silver finish, isn't this Currys exlcusive model the same as the DMR-PWT550, which is currently £259 at Amazon?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG SN7CY Soundbar Review, Hisense 55U7Q, LG Nano90, Best of the Month, B+W Sigourney Weaver
Top Bottom