Panasonic DMR PWT 420 - Youtube & Multiregion question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by greentea11, Aug 19, 2012.

1. greentea11

greentea11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've just bought the other day a Panasonic DMR PWT 420
    So far I'm quite happy with it.
    When watching Youtube on the tv, I can only get half the screen, the other half is with the options, is this supposed to be like that or is there a way for the youtube video expand the whole screen? I couldn't find any option

Also, I was wondering, I bought this unit as Multiregion, if there is any firmware update in the future, will I lose the MR capability?

How will I know if there is an update anyway? does the player alert you automatically or do have to check the Panasonic website?

oh another thing... unless I didnt see it , this player doesnt have a resume option, so if you stop a disc, you have to start from the beginning again... it's a shame, my old Panasonic dvd player would allowed me to start from where I stopped...

thanks !

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,018
    Take the blue 'focus' across to the half screen and press OK. This will make it full screen.
    No
    Updates are exceedingly rare and may never happen at all. They only occur to address reception issues that may arise within the lifetime of the product.

Unless you have changed the default, Over-the-air updates will occur automatically.
    Usually with Panasonic products, provided you do not press the stop button more than once , or remove the disc , then a resume function will work automatically.

3. greentea11

greentea11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thank you Gavtech !!:thumbsup: