Panasonic DMR-HWT250EB and Amazon Prime

Sheffmax

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have recently taken an Amazon Prime free 30 day offer and am struggling to get the App to play on my HDD recorder. The advice I can find on the web shows 2 solutions:

Select Netflix and then press exit - no, this just takes me back to live TV
or
Select Net and then select Amazon Prime - when I do this I can choose Video and Music Apps, from there I pick Amazon Prime, which shows as installed, and the only option then is to Cancel. There doesn't seem to be a way to get the App into the Net display of Apps.

Has anybody with one of these boxes managed to use the Amazon Prime App and would like to share an idiots guide to setting it up, please?

All that I have to do is press Net then select Amazon Prime. It sounds as if you selected Market rather than Amazon Prime.

Thanks, but when I press Net I get the following screen. If I select More I just get further screens like this. The question must be, how do I get Amazon Prime into one of the sub-screens given that it's showing as installed on the Market screen?

20201215_133243[1].jpg

Have you installed Amazon Prime (from the market)? If so then it should be on one of those pages. Also, on one of those pages is a 'setup and help' app where you can rearrange apps on your pages (if you want Amazon Prime on the first page), and reset to the default. It also lists the installed apps.

The Prime App was installed already but I could not find a way to access it.

Thanks for pointing me at the setup and help app, I can now enjoy the remaining 20 free days of Prime.

Marvellous.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom