Panasonic DMR-HWT250 dead with flashing green power light

mitreddep

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know what a slow flashing green power light means on a Panasonic DMR-HWT250? There's no display, it does recognise the remote but doesn't do anything at all, the light has been flashing for over a day now but no mention of what it means in the manual, it's as though it's doing some kind of disk check maybe?

Cheers

a quick search on the web “panasonic dmr flashing green light” indicates that the number of flashes between pauses gives the nature of the fault. It looks likely to be a hardware failure.

I'm starting to think it is some sort of hardware failure but with mine there are no pauses between the flashes it's just continuous slow flashes. I imagine the most likely fault is a disk failure but have no idea if it's possible to stick a new one in.

My Panasonic DMR-HWT250 has a slow flashing green power light also, apart from that, the set seems to be dead, the fan doesn't turn either so I'm thinking its a power supply fault , in the absence of a service manual, I'm stuck . I cant just exchange the HDD with my recordings on it either to our other 250 as Panasonic has unhelpfully made sure we cant transfer our recordings to other than an external HDD that will only work with the dead set . So impossible to back up our recordings .
Can anybody give advice if possible on how to transfer recordings to , say, my PC then back to the second set please ? Or a crack for the encryption they use ? Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom