Panasonic DMR-HWT130 PIN situation?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Hugo808, Feb 27, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Hugo808

Hugo808
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have just purchased a Panasonic PVR and am very pleased with the picture quality but am puzzled by one request the machine makes.

When I try to watch a recording it often asks me for my PIN number first, this seems weird as everything is free to air anyway, is it some copyright fraud thing or is my box faulty?

:oops: One quick read of the manual later, turns out it's just the parental lock, I would delete the post but I can't work out how so maybe someone else will benefit, but I guess you're probably all be a bit more tech savvy than me! :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,095
    To clarify further. These machines have two pin numbers associated with them , which understandably causes a deal of confusion.

The first pin number is solely for protecting access to the machine owners security details.

The second is for controlling material which is marked by broadcasters as requiring parental guidance. This feature can be turned off permanently if not required.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016