Panasonic DMR-HWT130 HDMI Connection problem

arrow707

Standard Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a second hand hwt130, it works fine apart from one annoyance, I want to route it through a 4 x 2 hdmi switch but it won't give an output. It works direct to the tv but not through any type of splitter even a 1 x 2. Is there any means of overcoming this please. I've read about a limit on more than 4 hdmi connections? But I have fewer than this.

What make and model of matrix? Most set top boxes can be fussy on what splitters/matrices work with them.

It's unbranded but seems reasonable quality, just says 4 x 2 hdmi matrix on top but everything else including a Panasonic dmr-Pwt420 works through it.

im responding to my own thread here, but the hwt130 now seems to have stopped outputting on the hdmi to anything but the tv, is this normal for this box. I’m sure I had it working through a hdmi to scart downconvertor some months ago, now it doesn’t.

Also put on bs780 thread......Thanks for your reply, Gavtech. Re the hwt130 hdmi output, I’ve tried what you recommend didn’t work. I’ll now rephrase the question;

I also have a pwt420 this works with no problems through a 4x2 switch or a hdmi to scart convertor. I seem to remember the
hwt 130 used to work through the down converter. What could be the difference between the two machines. I want to get a few things of the hwt130 before I delete from the hdd, obviously via the hdmi to scart convertor just low def copies to ex769. Now the feature I like about the hwt130 is the remote recording facility....could it be since it’s been connected via lan the software has been updated restricting the type of hdmi device that it will output to.

Just to clarify I tried what you recommenced in the bw780 thread...power everything off for a few hours, didn’t make any difference

Just checked software: pwt420 is 1.14
Hwt130 is 1.39, is there any way to revert to earlier version, eg factory reset?

Just checked software: pwt420 is 1.14
Hwt130 is 1.39, is there any way to revert to earlier version, eg factory reset?
Still not found a solution to this, as hdd was full, I’ve bought another hw130, this seems ok, I’ve disabled auto software updates of course.

It’s not the software, bought a pwt530 and had to update software to 1.39 to get remote recording working, still works via 4 x 2 matrix

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom