Quantcast

Panasonic DMR-HW100

hundredabove

Novice Member
Good Morning all...this is my first posting, so apologies in advance if it's in the wrong place. My old Sky digibox has finally given up the ghost. I've kept the satellite cables and wonder if at some stage, the dish could be connected to my Panasonic DMR-HW100 recorder. There are no obvious satellite screw on connectors on the rear, but that's not to say somebody with more knowhow than me cant suggest otherwise. Many thanks

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Welcome.
No, you cannot use your recorder with a satellite dish/LNB.
You need a terrestrial aerial.
You can get a replacement Sky box for free if you have a Sky subscription or for next to nothing if you’re out of contract.
Have a look through our classifieds here or Gumtree.

hundredabove

Novice Member
Thanks for the swift reply. I already have a terrestrial aerial, but was rather hoping to use the Satellite dish to gain extra channels. Oh well, never mind !

hundredabove

Novice Member
Welcome.
You can get a replacement Sky box for free if you have a Sky subscription or for next to nothing if you’re out of contract.
Have a look through our classifieds here or Gumtree.
One final question then, can my satellite dish be connected DIRECTLY to my Samsung LE26A457 TV without needing a new Sky box via a splitter to the ANT IN port and access via the options on the Remote

JayCee

Distinguished Member
No, a satellite dish can only be used with equipment that has a satellite tuner.

Top Bottom