Panasonic DMR HS2 HDD recorder: can I undelete a recording?

Bert Coules

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've accidentally deleted a recording from the hard disk of my Panasonic DMR HS2 HDD/DVD recorder. Is there any way of getting it back?

If I open the box and remove the HDD, could I temporarily cable it up to a PC and use an undelete program? Does the Panasonic use a PC-compatible recording system?

Many thanks

I've accidentally deleted a recording from the hard disk of my Panasonic DMR HS2 HDD/DVD recorder. Is there any way of getting it back?

If I open the box and remove the HDD, could I temporarily cable it up to a PC and use an undelete program? Does the Panasonic use a PC-compatible recording system?

Many thanks

There is no way of undeleting on the machine itself... and as far as I am aware you will come unstuck trying as you suggest. A PC cannot recognise the file format of these discs.

I cannot see any harm in trying... but be prepared to be disappointed.

Gavtech, thanks for that. It's transpired that the programme can be obtained from another source, so I don't need to get the screwdriver out after all - just as well, since the majority opinion seems to be that no PC-based recovery utility will work on the Panasonic.

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

Gavtech, thanks for that. It's transpired that the programme can be obtained from another source, so I don't need to get the screwdriver out after all - just as well, since the majority opinion seems to be that no PC-based recovery utility will work on the Panasonic.

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

Good luck

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom