Panasonic DMR-HS2 Hard drive size

waz2004

Novice Member
Like to ask the following about the Panasonic DMR-HS2 hard drive :-

1. Am i correct in saying that the Panasonic DMR-HS2 has a 40GB hard drive?

2. Is the hard drive the same as the one fitted in a computer? Is it IDE and not SATA etc?

3. I asked a long time ago if it is possible to fit a larger size hard drive. The reply was no because the software will not recognise a bigger drive. Is this still applicable or has someone found a way of upgrading the software?

4. If the answer to 2 is yes the hard drive is similar to a computer and is IDE variant. Can any 40GB hard drive be used or should one take note of the speed, buffer etc

5. Which 40GB drive do you recommend?

Had this machine since new and it has been faultless. Only problem is lack of hard drive space sometimes. Normally record 8 hours of program daily so the hard drive is used regularly.

With modern technology the hard drive size is forever increasing and now it is hard to find a small size hard drive. At present the smallest i can find is 80GB. I was thinking it might be worthwhile to buy a 40GB or 80GB and put it to one side just in case. I do not want to bin this machine because, according to my Father who has the latest version, it has features that the newer Panny machines don't have.

Has anyone bought a 40GB hard drive just in case?

Gavtech

Administrator
... it has features that the newer Panny machines don't have.
Such as?

Panasonic make it as difficult as possible for you to be able to do something like this.

I've yet to hear of anyone succeeding with a Panasonic machine.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom