Panasonic DMR-EZ48VEB Can not finalise DVD's

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Derek G, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Derek G

Derek G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Anyone help. I have a Panasonic DMR-EZ48VEB I am able to record and playback but I never get an option to finalise the DVD on eject or can I find that option on the DVD disc managment. I am using Panasonic DVD -RAM discs and recording from SKY+. Thanks Derek

2. NinjaMonkeyUK

NinjaMonkeyUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    The option to finalise a DVD is in Disc Management but you can't do it with DVD-RAM discs.

3. Derek G

Derek G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, I didnt know DVD-RAM's were different, are they for anything special - they are expensive enough! Thanks Adam

4. ramjet

ramjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +622
    they can be re-used and watch while recording etc , so are not the same as the standard disks , and are more like using a hdd in a machine

have a read of this Which DVD Recorder? @ The Digital Recorder , as it may help you

5. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,093
    RAM's will play in any machine that supports RAM and do not require finalising to do so.

Unfortunately very few other machines support RAM.

6. Derek G

Derek G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys, I have to say this is awsome, the first time I gave used a forum and you have sorted out my problems. Having spent hours re reading the manual with no joy I am there!Just used a normal DVD and it worked.:D Thank you. Derek.:smashin:

7. TEAL

TEAL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well that answerd my query that i have , problem is it will not even play on my pc, strange thing that when i went to see how much it had used it said full disc but zero byts.Trouble at moment is when i done the disc from the vhs i threw the vhs in the dustbin and the disc had our holidays from 1968 with our children on it so have rumaged around the dustbin and brought out 20 odd vhs and have to go through them to see whats on them. If i find it i will redo it on a CD RW. Any way thanks for answer.

8. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,093
    Archive to a DVD-R. These are designed for the job and will be the most universally playable medium.

To be able to play the RAM disc on a PC you need a drive that supports at least the reading of RAM discs and some software that will play RAM sourced material.