Panasonic DMR-EZ45V DVD recorder not reading DVD-RAM discs

Coz

I was using my Panasonic DMR-EZ45V DVD recorder earlier today to record some old camcorder footage from my old camcoder.It was fine and playedback on the recorder.
Tonight, I tried to play the DVD aswell as another one and the machine made a grinding noise and said 'unable to read'. I think this has happened before a few years ago, but was ok after that. What does it mean when that happens? I played the first part of it on my laptop after I tried it in the DVD recorder and it looked ok. Would it have ruined the disc?

Gavtech

Administrator
I was using my Panasonic DMR-EZ45V DVD recorder earlier today to record some old camcorder footage from my old camcoder.It was fine and playedback on the recorder.
Tonight, I tried to play the DVD aswell as another one and the machine made a grinding noise and said 'unable to read'. I think this has happened before a few years ago, but was ok after that. What does it mean when that happens? I played the first part of it on my laptop after I tried it in the DVD recorder and it looked ok. Would it have ruined the disc?
See this thread in general, and post number 8 and 10 in particular which will explain the problem and what you can do about it.

The disc will not have been harmed.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom